We’re really sorry to hear this. There can be a number of reasons why a gift card isn’t working. Here are a few suggestions:
- Check the gift card terms and conditions - Make sure you can use it in the location you are currently trying to spend it (e.g. online / in store, or country)
- Check you have entered the gift code and PIN online correctly - When spending your gift card online, make sure you check the details you have entered are correct and try again.
- Check you are entering the gift card code in the right place - Some websites have a 'Voucher' field at checkout, which can actually be for discount or special offer codes. There are some brands where you redeem your gift card to your account with that retailer, rather than during checkout.
- Check your gift card balance and expiry date - Make sure you have a balance on your gift card. Many brands have a 'balance checker' on their website or staff can check in store where relevant.
- Check if the issue is with the retailer - Sometimes there may be an issue with the retailer’s website, or staff in store may not be familiar with how the gift card works. This must be resolved directly with the retailer.
Please ensure you keep your Gift Off account details private and the gift card details.
In almost all cases, the issue will need to be addressed directly with the retailer and they should be the first port of call. If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still having no luck, contact email@example.com and we’ll be happy to look into it.